“It’s instant, it’s temporary, but most of all it doesn’t need a huge amount of cash to set it up, so the door opens to people who are outside the establishment” Zoe Williams in The Stylist
The Empty Shops Network are advocates for a UK-wide movement that’s reinventing towns and cities, shop by shop and space by space. The organisation can provide comment and examples for media looking at big issues or local problems, and can write editorial content too. Topics include empty shops and shop vacancy rates, pop up shops and the temporary use of space, and the future of the high street.
The Empty Shops Network has featured in articles for BBC News, Radio 4, The Independent, The Guardian, The Observer, Sunday Times, Evening Standard, The Stylist, The Big Issue, The Big Issue In The North and local & regional media across the UK.
Specialist media includes Mollie Makes, New Start, a-n Magazine, Computer Arts, Ideas Tap and Mailout.
- New uses for empty shops for BBC Breakfast
- How to set up and run your own pop-up shop in Computer Arts
- The Empty Shops Network for Folksy
- Charity shops could be the answer in The Independent
- Empty shops become art galleries for the BBC
- Why pop ups pop up everywhere in The Guardian
- Dan Thompson in The Observer
Call Dan Thompson 07859 228347 or contact @artistsmakers on Twitter for interviews